Thursday, September 11, 2008

TODAY AGAIN

I'm not going to go into a retrospective of where I was 7 years ago today (116th Street, Harlem).
Not gonna recall everything I saw and did and smelled and felt. It's far too traumatic, as are the images I've been avoiding from TV and radio.

But my mom called me this morning, as she has on every September 11 since 2002. She wanted to hear my voice, because on that day she couldnt (no phones). And she wanted to tell me she loved me.

That's my tribute.

Carry on.

3 comments:

Eb the Celeb said...

I keep forgetting that your around my way...

that is extremely touching what your mom does

Alaina said...

Every time I think about it I start tearing up and then I try to block it out.

Its good that your mom does that.

Adei von K said...

they were showing things on the history channel that i couldn't watch. i avoid it every year. i was in VA watching everyone from "up north" lose their minds. too much; still.

Disqus for She's Just Not Feeling You...

  • So...Wise??

    My photo
    Our Nation's (HIV) Capital...by way of Harlem, NY and Upsteezy NY
    I'm older than I look, and stupider than you think. But I'm quite proud of my sharp eye for The Ridiculous, and by Ridiculous, of course I mean Me.

    Followers