We cool right?
Been getting to know each other for a few months now.
If we were dating I'd know some things about you by now...and we'd both know by now if we're really feeling each other.
If we were pals...might have even gone thru some shit together. Or maybe I'm just spoiled cuz I grew up with most of my closest friends today.
But our bond is still special, no? We communicate regularly. We're privy to personal details and thoughts and inside blogger jokes. Run in the same (tiny) circles. We're peoples.
So I'm sayin...I wanna know more about you. Take it to the next level, shorty. Let's get real. Eff the electronic pretenses. If we're gonna try to make this thing btwn us work, we gotta lay it all out on the table.
I'm tagging all you muhfuckas...
Blah Blah Blah
Liq & TV
Eq Opp Crush
Living Single...if she ain't in retirement
Miss Ahmad (not to be confused with Miss A, who I am also tagging)
Anybody with a blog name with "sista," "date," "soul," "divine," Muslim or musical origin
Why the epidemic tag? Bec I feel cheap! I spend way too much time being invested in your lives and thoughts, and vice versa...and what do we really know about one another? :)
So I've come up with some questions I probably would have already asked you if we were cool in real life.
Dont feel left out if I didn't name you. I extend the invitation to you, too.
Keep it Real...
1. If you could be doing what you really want to be doing for a living, what would it be?
I'd be a professor, urban radio producer, a novelist, and a wife...and not necessarily in that order.
2. If you could slap the shit out of any famous person, alive or dead, who would it be?
Tough...cuz there are people that I would just wanna backhand given the opportunity...ya know, people that havent really done anything to me, per se, but that I don't really like. Folks like Kobe. Brandy. The blond Bush daughter. Dame Dash. Lance Armstrong. Rudy Giuliani. Bow Wow. The son on the Sopranos.
But then there are people who maybe really deserve a palm mark to the cheek. Actual offenders. Maybe an Ex or two. That bitch Cicely for stealing my Right On! magazine in 7th grade. My old landlord. SJP for pulling the plug on Sex & the City. Limbaugh. Nancy Grace. Jesse. Jayson Blair. FEMA muhfuckas. MattyD for lying on me in 5th grade talking 'bout I was throwing rocks at the fish at the conservatory and then I got kicked off Safety Patrol and couldn't go to Sea Breeze at the end of the school year. Pat Robertson. The blond Bush's daddy...and uncle for that matter. My literally crazy Brooklyn roommate. Al Quaida dudes. The list could go on... I realize it said "famous people" but some of those were personally famous azzholes. Sorry.
But I'm trying to live a purpose driven life, so I wouldnt actually...whatever...see lists above.
3. What's the dumbest decision you've made in the past 5 years?
Not purchasing the co-opt I lived in when I first moved to NYC after college. It was in Brooklyn in a really residential neighborhood. Great building. GORGEOUS crib. And I blew it off. Just wasnt yet financially savvy. Bad credit (like it's all that now). And was distracted by aforementioned crazy roommate.
4. Give up one for a year: (good) sex or (good) music.
I'm not so sex-obsessed that I get weak when I don't get any...but when I want it I like to have it.
And I also randomly go thru long withdrawals from music. But even if I just listened to the radio I could still be connected to at least some segments of society.
So I'm (reluctantly) giving up the azz.
5. Dudes, would you rather have a big dick or a great sense of humor?
Ladies, nice tits & azz or common sense?
I think I could get some good mileage on T&A and book smarts.
6. So you've been invited to an all expense paid Blogger Prom in The Bahamas. You're sitting at the bar on the beach. Which blogger do you want to join you for hours of good convo?
Depends on my mood, but today it would be Nikki...cuz she's able to make me laugh and think and nod my head in solidarity. Ask me tomorrow or the day after and it might be someone else.
7. Which blogger would you most like to cuddle with on the beach? (and don't defer to your current signif other either. Infidelity won't count against you. Duh.)
My Neil...any day of the week.
8. You're going on a 5 hour road trip...which 5 CDs do you bring?
1. Stevie Wonder... At the Close of the Century, Disc 3 (Sir Duke, Lately, Knocks Me Off My Feet )
2. The Roots...IlladelphHalflife
3. Super Wonder Bread Mix...my fav white songs (Still The One, The Rose, My Immortal, More Than Words)
4. Biggie...Life After Death, Disc 2... no Disc 1!
5. Vivian Green...Love Story
9. Would you rather bury your children young or have your children bury you young?
I know what it's like to lose a parent, and I can't imagine going thru that at a young age. But then I also imagine losing a child is a pain like no other.
On the one hand, you want to be the one to die so that your children live...but then you also don't want them to have to live with the pain of losing you.
Hell if I know. I'm not a parent.
10. What's your biggest insecurity?
I'm afraid of being misunderstood. I really hate being inarticulate or not being able to find words to explain myself...so I get really insecure about people misunderstanding me and then deeming me weird.
But then again I bet I'm too insecure to even try to figure out what my biggest really is.
11.What's the first blog you read every day...or however often you read them? (And I swear to God, don't be saying mine just cuz I'm the one asking...unless of course you really mean it. lol)
I usually start with MEasy...bec it's always short and sweet...and it has a very 'what a way to start your day' tone. He's my Matt Lauer.
12. When's the last time you peed your pants?
Maybe like 5 years ago...I swear I thought I had bladder control issues cuz I would just barely make it to the can. I wasn't even that far from it either...I was in my room.
Oh my goodness, around that time I had a close call out on a shoot on an internship. I was in Wendy's with my photog and out of nowhere I had to go REAL bad...but I made it.
13. Which was better, your first kiss or your first pay check?
The first check was lovely...I must have spent hours figuring out my net, then writing out the total and doing the math in subtracting everything I could buy with it...
But the first kiss was sweet. I still remember sitting at the top of slide at the park...when Kazi King kissed me. Summer before 7th grade. To this day I love the way it feels to daydream about great kisses for days after.
14. Do you have kids? Want kids?
Got none...but want 5. No, I'm serious. I also would like to adopt all 5. Yes, I'm serious.
15. You get dropped off at home after the office holiday party by your bitch azz boss that you can't effing stand...you exit the car and he peels out, runs a red light at your corner and rolls up an unsuspecting midget. The next day the midget watch groups are on TV outraged at the heartless hit and run, and are calling for any witnesses to please come fwd...that half dead midget has a family at home waiting on C-mas presents. Would you take $1000 hush money? $500? $100? A six pack?
Six pack of what, Corona Lights??
For real, for real...I would only dime him/her out if I was next in line for that boss job (even tho KZ says being the boss blows).
16. Live the rest of your life without your eyebrows or your fingernails?
It would hurt like hell to touch just about ANYthing...but eff it, I got a mean arch that I'm keeping. lol
17. What makes you angry?
18. What makes you horny?
Colin Channer books.
19. What makes you nervous?
15 year olds with nothing to lose.
Random phone calls from my mother.
Watching my nephew run at top speed.
Sudden movements on the subway platform.
20. What makes you smile?
A well-timed phone call from a friend.
Seeing my name in print.
My nephew trying to pronounce my name (he's only 1).
Drink specials/open bar events.
Cards from my mom.
Emails about the blog.
THE END...Wanna share a Newport and cuddle? No? You've gotta get up early tomorrow so you can't stay? Oh ok, no problem, I just thought maybe... ;)