Thursday, June 15, 2006

Shout Outs...Paternal Edition

Ya girl So Weazy (or "So Easy" after I've had a few) is packed and ready to hit the road again. Biz and pleasure.

But before I go I wanna leave you with a few vignettes to commemorate the upcoming holiday. As much as I probably don't want to give it much thought, I'd feel terribly left out if I didn't put my two cents in about my daddy...esp since he is on my mind constantly, almost 2 years now after his passing.

Plus, I would be terribly remiss to have created this here 'Keep it Real' zone, and conveniently left out my reality.

So I'm not gonna give it much thought beyond a copy and paste, and whatever else is on my mind, for fear of self-sensoring or emotional cold feet. Not even gonna proofread...ok you know I won't go that far!

Here goes nothing...if only it were.

***

Special shouts go out to:

Guys who secretly wonder if they should be celebrating this Sunday.

Fellas who wrote off that $250 clinic bill as a "medical visit."

All the "
Direct Deposit" Dads.

All the single, seedless cats in the market for new friends with weekends off, bec all their boys either have visitation rights, second jobs...or both.


And before you blast me for making light of the state of black fatherhood, let me remind you that last month I also bigged up all my sistas who narrowly missed a gestation period this year.

9 comments:

Rashan Jamal said...

how about a shout out to those dads that are expecting a card, even though they aint seen they kids this year?

nikki said...

lol@t cas. no DOUBT.

also, shout out to those dads who got caught out there when they didn't wear a condom cuz they thought she had it covered with the pill. betcha ass won't be assuming that shit next time.

Jameil said...

hahahaha. you're hilarious. but i want to say big ups also to all the sperm donors who move to ATL w/o tellin their baby mama and no longer direct deposit the measly $50/wk. they used to.

Anonymous said...

LoL ya'll crack me up!

But the funniest thing is when I tell the story about the ex being pregnant and people ask by you. I told the story here in Italy and got asked why I was here. I said cause the kid ain't mine. I wanted to do it in a sing songy voice like "The Boy is Mine" (Monica and Brandy) ....."The Kid Ain't Mine" oooh ooh ooh "That Kid Ain't Mine".

LoL clownin.

i like liquor and tv said...

lol@the dudes secretly wondering if they're supposed to celebrate.

lol@T Cas.

lol@that sperm pic.

ok, I'm slow. I just GOT that "medical visit" statement...rofl. So that's how much they cost? I thought it was like 99 bucks.

Karamale said...

"direct deposit dads". damn shame where our community's headed to.

FreeBeing said...

Girl, quit! You know there are some sweating brothers out there!

I lost my father, so I'd rather have a good laugh like this on this day than to feel sad. Thanks!

Peace

So...Wise...Sista said...

Hassan...you feel me. lol


TCas...Exactly. Sitting around wondering if it's gonna be some cash in it. Suckas azz suckas. lol


Nikki...I got a close homeboy who gets that shout out. As we speak "he" is about 5 months along. And chick wasn't even on the pill. It was the patch. Who the hell trusts some shit they use for nicotine? lol


Jameil....oooooh, the Hit The Road Daddys. Ouch.


CNel...lemme hook you up with a producer at Maury, juuuuuuust in case. lol


Liq...I don't know the current market rates either...but that's what they always say on TV. Couple hunned bucks. $99 sounds like some ole back aisle at Walmart procedure. lol


Karamale...Uh oh I also forgot the Hot Check Dads. :)


Free....you feel me. Gotta laugh. lol

Knockout Zed said...

I narrowly escaped celebrating this day.
Happy Me!!!

KZ

Disqus for She's Just Not Feeling You...

  • So...Wise??

    My photo
    Our Nation's (HIV) Capital...by way of Harlem, NY and Upsteezy NY
    I'm older than I look, and stupider than you think. But I'm quite proud of my sharp eye for The Ridiculous, and by Ridiculous, of course I mean Me.

    Followers