Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Daddy's Read, Too


Ahhh...my first book recommendation also commemorates the holiday. It's a really dope book edited by a sista in Chicago; a collection of pieces written by Black daughters about their fathers. It's broken into several sections...some about daddy' lil girls, absentee dads, deceased ones.

It's really well done, really deep personal accounts that are so relatable and touch the heart. Also great for all you education types...there's a new readers guide available for teen girls.

Oh, and I'd definitely give it props even if I wasn't one of the contributors. Great Daddy's Day gift.

2 comments:

Jameil said...

yay! i was totally looking for something to give my dad! he doesn't really read that much but that looks so sweet and he said he didn't want anything. i bought beer and i'm cooking lasagna. maybe i'll buy the book for me! lol ;)

So...Wise...Sista said...

Makes a GREAT gift. Should be able to find in any bookstore, def on Amazon. If you get it lemme know and I'll tell you which story is mine. :)

Disqus for She's Just Not Feeling You...

  • So...Wise??

    My photo
    Our Nation's (HIV) Capital...by way of Harlem, NY and Upsteezy NY
    I'm older than I look, and stupider than you think. But I'm quite proud of my sharp eye for The Ridiculous, and by Ridiculous, of course I mean Me.

    Followers