Wednesday, May 24, 2006

...Easy as 1, 2, 3... Tagged Again


Wooo! I feel like a chick in a band...been on the road since last week. Finally back in my warm bed tonight. Ahhh!

But alas, I've missed you all, and I've got lots to talk about, including the NBA playoffs, our nation's capital, black books, and best friends.

But mama is tired.

My main man, and blogger intelligencia David DP Parrish tagged my azz...so I'm gonna handle up. Who shall I tag...who shall I tag. Oh tag ya damn self if you wanna!


Wise...A to Z:

Accent: People constantly ask me where I'm from…meaning they think I'm a foreigner…and I am by extension of Jamaican parents. I don’t really get my full patois on, but I guess there’s some bumbuh in my vernacular. But I’m a NYer, so there’s prolly a lil of e’rrthing in therre.


Booze: The spice of life! Again...I'm Jamaican so Wray & Nephew is my birthright.
BTW, speaking of booze...this is one of my new fav blogs.

Chore I Hate: I ain't no dirty chick...but I could do without sweeping. I also don't like being subject to "boy work" like taking out the trash, raking leaves, shoveling snow, assembling furniture, and fixing wires and cables.

Dogs/Cats: Oh hell no. My college roommate Gay Bartender had a cat jr year and i was NOT feeling it. Then I got bit (more dramatic account)/ambushed and badly scratched (more accurate account) by a mingy mutt on my block a few years back. Don't ask.

Essential Electronics: My laptop for sure.

Favorite Perfume/Cologne: Ladies, fellas can't get enough of the scent of DKNY "Delicious" (green apple, and not that new red shit either). Great for spring. But my current fav is D&G's Light Blue. I sniff myself all day long.


Gold/Silver: The rings and watch are silver. Gold is for pimps...and I aint that yet.

Hometown: The crown jewel (hot mess) of NY.

Insomnia: Always! But that's just stress related.

Job Title(s): Check writer (and occasional check bouncer)

Kids: Happy Thanksgiving!....but I do want like 5. Hopefully by the time I'm ready they'll be on the clearance rack.

Living Arrangements: The Harlem Estate, where I am free to blog in my panties.

Most Admired Trait: Saturday my best friend of over 20 years told me that she admired my temporarily moving in with my mom after my dad died. But generally it's my sense of humor. Laugh!

Number of Sexual Partners: A nice even number, which when averaged out over the number of years I been fcuking, is quite respectable.

Overnight Hospital Stays: This past August, with my good friend Curly as she gave birth to her first baby!

Phobia: Choking. I be asking my doctor for liquid prescriptions like I'm 5.

Quote: "When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time." ~Maya Angelou

Quote: "Wise, I found somebody for you. He has a job, he works at the mall selling cell phones, and I saw him reading. Sprint...books, you guys have a lot in common. ~My 8 yr old nephew, who always looks out for his unmarried auntie. Yes, he calls me by my name. I'm too young to be called 'Aunt Wise.'

Religion: Born again. Grew up in a mostly white non-denominational church...went to sleep away church camp, which my brother now as an adult, insists was a cult. Shout out to my current church home...Abyssinian Baptist.

Siblings: 1 older sister. 2 older brothers (twins). Wise is the baby!

Time I usually wake up: Am I still drunk from the night before?

Unusual Talent: Don't you wanna know.

Vegetable I refuse to eat: Okra...you ever seen that shit?! WTF IS that??

Worst Habit: That drunk dialing thing

X-Rays: Teeth mostly. Why they always ask if you're knocked up before they put that bullet proof X-ray vest on you?

Yummy Foods I Make: Baked ziti, cake/cookies/brownies, grilled salmon, shrimp in garlic butter sauce with yellow rice, burritos

Zodiac Sign: Aries...but my friends say I'm not a typical one...not selfish, arrogant, violent, etc. [note from an Aries: read my blog exclusively, it's so much better than most...or I'll whup your punk azz.] lol

23 comments:

Rashan Jamal said...

Just when I was starting to think you were perfect, I find out you one of those damn Aries. As a Sag, I have a serious love/hate relationship with y'all.

Anonymous said...

You too T. Yeah I'm a November Sag myself and one Aries acquaintance of mine thought enough of me to "show me" her automatic pistol. Since I'm the warrior though, we still talk. Hey, So Wise, unfried okra is good for black people especially black women. (Reference Queen Afua). Never underestimate slick, slimey stuff that slides down the throat. It's good for the melanin. Anonymous Detroit

nikki said...

you're an aries. this would explain why i like you.

lol@anon. uh, what exactly are you referring to with your 'slick, slimey' statement? hehehe

Anonymous said...

Why can't you tell us the talent?!?! I want to know!!

Anonymous said...

Try it Nikki...... STEAMED. Over a bed of rice (preferably rice of color) and with either your favorite green leafy vegetable and or peas/beans or cha cha. Anonymous Detroit.

The Very Reverend Ace Clemmons, Jr. said...

Scorpio and Aries get along famously...

Jameil said...

okra is nasty. wow! i've never known anyone in a cult. did you have fun? LMAO!! what the hell are you so stressed about you can't sleep??

The Very Reverend Ace Clemmons, Jr. said...

wait a second. Born again christian?

So...Wise...Sista said...

I must admit, the zodiac thing is a bit beyond me. ..esp since I did preface it by saying I'm an Aries enigma.

TCas...I'm still perfect, sweetie. ;) What's Sag...December? 2 of my best friends in the world are Sags I think.


Detroit...And here I thought we were talking about semen. Over rice?? lol Hmmm....


Eps...Mama has too many talents to name. And quite a few have already been immortalized on this very blog. And hell yeah, I'm good at that too, baby.


Rev says..."Scorpio and Aries get along famously... "

I'm currently fornicating with a Scorpio and I must concur. :)


Jameil...the cult was Awesome! And I came home saying words like Awesome!

Stress is all relative. Thankfully it's not the kind of stress that "keeps you up at night"...but I'm constantly under pressure that screws up my sleep patterns. Feel me?


No Rev...Born again virgin. lol

The Very Reverend Ace Clemmons, Jr. said...

oh thank the good lord. :)

OF course i'm right. I'm the King of All Scorpios.

In a very, y'know... holy kinda of way.

nikki said...

lol@a nice even number.

and i'm truly digging that maya quote.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it did sound nicety did'nt it? I'll save the semen for another topic. Hey what's wrong with Appleton Estates? I no longer drink it, but still. Anonymous Detroit.

Blah Blah Blah said...

Quote of the Day:
"Slick slimey stuff that slides down the throat"

I've probably looked at you sideways a couple of times up in church...I do that if my shit is fly-r than yours...YES! all up in Abyssinian!! lol

Sup Wise...

The Brown Blogger said...

I guess I'm more of a Cruzan Rum whore myself.

And what's up with nephews and neices on the Cupid/Hookup thang?

So...Wise...Sista said...

Rev...King of All Scorpios, huh? Gotta watch out for you. ;)


Nikki...Ya know how we are about those numbers. ;)
I got that quote from Ms. Angelou via Oprah who is also obsessed with it. And dammit it's sooo true.


Detroit...Yes, Appleton is also a family favorite.


DP...And I know you know your way around a bar. The bottle didn't look familiar to you? It's also known as "overproof" or "that fire them crazy Jamaicans be drinking." lol Most hardcore drunks I know won't touch the stuff.


Blah...HA HA HA! I used to frequent the 11am, but I got up early one week, and now I feel much holier when I make it to the 9am. lol


Hassan...One of my boys is a Cruzan fiend. I'm not sure I've ever had the stuff.

And the nephew cupid thing is hilarious. His parents were married younger than me, so he's a lil worried bout me. He told me today his football coach work for UPS now and he thinks he got a crush on me. lol

The Very Reverend Ace Clemmons, Jr. said...

"Blah...HA HA HA! I used to frequent the 11am, but I got up early one week, and now I feel much holier when I make it to the 9am. lol

hang on a sec....I'M the HOLY one here. I'm very HOLY. you cant be HOLIER because i'm the HOLIEST. VERY much so. I'm so HOLY you cant even see me. As a matter of fact i think i'm WHOLE.

I feel better now. Now, where a pulpit.........?

Anonymous said...

Ok so when I leave tomorrow I'll be more sad that I won't be able to read some of my fav people like you, cause I'll be expected to be doing work when given access to the comps in Italy.

But let me just say I love you because you say things like:
"Number of Sexual Partners: A nice even number, which when averaged out over the number of years I been fcuking, is quite respectable."

And do things like this:
"Phobia: Choking. I be asking my doctor for liquid prescriptions like I'm 5."

I don't do pills and I should probably ask for liquids instead of chewing and breaking open capsules.

And you make me laugh with things like:
"And the nephew cupid thing is hilarious. His parents were married younger than me, so he's a lil worried bout me. He told me today his football coach work for UPS now and he thinks he got a crush on me. lol"

Oh and someone needs to tell me whether its true that I should telling girls that the "slimey stuff that slides down the throat" is nutritious and delicious, and good for the melanin in their skin, and full of glucose. This little tid bit will go a long way.

Knockout Zed said...

My favorite scent is DKNU.

KZ

Jameil said...

wise!!!!!!!! LMAO @ the cult was awesome!!! hilarious!! and cnel all that big talk. first we want you to TALK to her. then you can work up to all that extra stuff.

So...Wise...Sista said...

Hi Chris...If you're ever in Harlem holler at me and I'll cook. You bring the Chablis ;)


My sweet lil CNelly...Li mancherĂ². Sia sicuro!

I envy your trans-Atlantic jaunt. But something tells me those Euro hoes will eat that "slimey stuff" theory up. Tell them it was on MTV. lol


KZ says..."My favorite scent is DKNU."

Can I assume D is for Dildo?
No? ;)


Well thank you Insane...prepare to be tagged next time!


Jameil...Cults are so misunderstood. lol

And don't be playin out CNelly. He bout to be rolling in the gumah lovin.

i like liquor and tv said...

thanks for the props girl!

No lie, people ask me all the time if I'm Jamaican. I have NO idea why. My parents are from Philly. Nigerian women always ask me if I'm Nigerian. I don't know what that's about either.

"Booze is the spice of life!" So true.

lol@Drunk dialing..haha. I usually get in trouble for drunk answering.

Goddess said...

O i love this ... Can I borrow it for my blog preety please

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info emerging patent Little mature acupuncture solihull pain relief cheap ionic air cleaner antibacterial

Disqus for She's Just Not Feeling You...

  • So...Wise??

    My photo
    Our Nation's (HIV) Capital...by way of Harlem, NY and Upsteezy NY
    I'm older than I look, and stupider than you think. But I'm quite proud of my sharp eye for The Ridiculous, and by Ridiculous, of course I mean Me.

    Followers