Monday, December 10, 2007

STILL

[We now interrupt the regularly scheduled programming
(and by programming, I mean my unfortunate hiatus due to the end of the semester.
Jameil has however, graciously granted me some leave time without penalty)...
to bring you *gasp* a post!]


I woke up this morning and the other side of the bed was still.

I still smell you there.

I followed the trail of clothes strewn about the crib, from the bedroom to the kitchen. My bra and coat near the front door. Jeans with a sock still stuck in the foot. The fuzzy one still MIA. I’ll be rocking the fly track jacket you left. It’s still on the floor of the closet.

The movie is still in the player, still unplayed. The photo album still unopened on the couch. The book I wanted to show you, still unread.

There is still a pool of Calgon blue water in my tub. I won’t shower for an hour or two, cause I love that your scent is still on my hands and neck.

The bowl of pineapple still where we left it on the bathtub edge.

Tea candles burned down to the tin casings still line the sink.

The loc gel and clips are still there too. My freshly twisted hair now a sweated out mess. Don’t feel bad, I’ll fix it good as new like you like.

You know what I still feel every time I walk into the kitchen. I spent considerable time washing dishes this morning, yeah cuz we left behind too many unfinished drinks (how DARE you!), but because I just wanted to be in there, ya know?

I still can’t believe I let you, us, smoke on the couch. The scene of many crimes.

The silence is still. No shuffled soundtrack of your ridiculous laugh. I.tunes is still on shuffle though. Prophetic and well-timed as ever. My head still kind hurts...mostly from busting out laughing every few minutes. The one-liners, yo.

I started writing this while you were still here.

It’s still cold in here. Heat still not working. And though now I have no recourse but the covers, I’m still warm.

I’m not used to this, still.

[We now return you to my absense...already in progress...]

10 comments:

Adei von K said...

i love how you write! this ish is awesome! sounds like a good time

Mr.Slish said...

All this must of happened after I left! and you trifling negroes ate my pineapples!

Chaotic Simplicity said...

Nice!!

the joy said...

This was very well written. I love/hate that leftover scent thing. Then you have dreams... I'd say its worth it though.

And also: wooooo! Lol

Quarter Life Crisis of a Black Woman said...

Wow! I love your flow!

Jameil said...

wow. as you were.

La said...

Smoking on the couch AND wasting drinks without recourse? Must be lethal...

Eb the Celeb said...

Alright now!

Blah Blah Blah said...

....is smoking on couch code for fucking on couch? just askin'...

I'm not used to this still...either...

but I likes Wise in deep-like.. on heavy rotation no less on the blog...

1969 said...

Nice....verrrrry nice.

Disqus for She's Just Not Feeling You...

  • So...Wise??

    My photo
    Our Nation's (HIV) Capital...by way of Harlem, NY and Upsteezy NY
    I'm older than I look, and stupider than you think. But I'm quite proud of my sharp eye for The Ridiculous, and by Ridiculous, of course I mean Me.

    Followers