Sunday, December 30, 2007

RIP 2007

Double deuces go out to '07.

And this wrap up is ganked from and posted in honor of my fav ex-Harlem neighbor that I never met.


1) Was 2007 a good year for you?
Ya know what… I haven’t failed out of school yet, didn’t get shot, didn’t go broke, no alcohol poisoning that I know of. Great year.

2) What was your favorite moment of the year?
Toss up btwn seeing my oldest nephew graduate from my alma mater...
Blacking out at the US-Canadian border...
Boy watching and drinking at the Hard.Rock pool in Vegas...
Or the first phone convo with DatNucca.

3) What was your least favorite moment of the year?
A phone call with my brother, Boss Of Me, in the middle of Mar.shalls.

4) Where were you when 2007 began?
I honestly cant remember. Musta been somewhere good.

5) Who were you with?
Again…??

6) Where will you be when 2007 ends?
Ask me the day after.

7) Who will you be with when 2007 ends?
The Fam and some uninvited special guests *sigh*

8) Did you keep your new years resolution of 2007?
I did pretty well with achieving goals this year. Did pretty well with failing miserably at achieving goals as well. It’s all about the balance, yo.

9) Do you have a new years resolution for 2008?
I do. But I wont speak them. Cuz I’m lame like that.

10) Did you fall in love in 2007?
Love is a losing game.”

11) If yes, with who?
Amy W!nehouse?? ;)

12) If yes, do they know?
Until we’re drunk and in bed, it appears. :(

13) Are you still in love with them?
*sigh*

14) You regret it?
No regrets (I HATE when people say this shit. Are you kidding me?? NONE?! That’s absurd.)

15) Did you breakup with anyone in 2007?
I did. Though I never actually uttered the words. Sometimes silence is all the convo you need.

16) Did you make any new friends in 2008?
I did. I told yall about a few that are still cool.

Question is, how many will stick?

17) Who are your (most memorable) favorite new friends?
I’m currently very excited about my new neighborhood drinking buddy!

18) What was your favorite month of 2007?
The entire summer was fantastic! August in particular.

19) Did you travel outside of the US in 2007?
Canada and Mexico

20) How many different states have you traveled in 2007?
9 states.

21) Did you lose anybody close to you in 2007?
Thank God no one died. But I lost a very good friend and lover.

22) Did you miss anybody in the past year?
Don’t I always? Distance blows.

23) What was your favorite movie that you saw in 2007?
Didn’t see very many flicks this year. But did catch Notes on a Sca.ndal at the top of the year and LOVED it. Also enjoyed Gone Ba.by Gone and Amer!can Gangst.

24) What was your favorite song from 2007?
Absolutely anything that my youngest nephew learns the words to (which are of course songs I HATE in real life), including (*gasp* Soulj Boy, Beaut.Girl, Duff Bag Boy (ok this my shit! dont let it come on at a party!) and his little school songs)

25) What was your favorite album from 2007?
Mick Boogie/Lil Brother
Alicia.Keys
Wine.house
Common

26) How many concerts did you see in 2007?
LB (twice)
Ghostface
The Roots (twice)
Public Enemy
MC Lyte
Kane
KRS One
Sean Paul
Lupe
Barrington Levy
Black Sheep
Stevie!!

27) Did you have a favorite concert in 2007?
Ummm, did you SEE that I saw Stevie this year?? Hands down best show of my life. In tears, singing every word, burning hot despite being out in the freezing cold.

28) Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2007?
Except for that one week of sobriety.

29) Did you do a lot of drugs in 2007?
Drugs schmugs. Lame.

30) How many people did you sleep with in 2007?
Intercourse or …?
My Hiatus was well documented. And well over.

31) Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year?
Kind of.

And only a bit ashamed that I didn’t torch this muhfucker... yeah the effing bar I got kicked out of.

32) What was the biggest lie you told in 2007?
That I was somewhere I wasn’t.

33) What was the worst lie someone told you in 2007? (ok, I read this wrong at first)
"Damn, what time's your flight? Cuz, I mean, it's just, my place is such a mess, and I gotta study..." Booo!

34) Did you treat somebody badly in 2007?
Not purposely.

But on second thought, I was less than a friend to someone who’s always been a great friend.

35) Did somebody treat you badly in 2007?
*shrug* Fcuk em.

36) How much money did you spend in 2007?
What are you the Eye Arrah Ess?? (name that female bank heist movie)

37) What was your proudest moment of 2007?
Jena.

Loc’ing.


38) What was your most embarrassing moment of 2007?
A particularly bad night out. A few drunk texts and a photographed penis included.

This wasn’t exactly a good look either.

Not being able to face my mom at a time I know she needs me.

39) If you could go back in time to any moment of 2007 what would it be?
The massage on the beach facing the Caribbean Sea.

40) What are your plans for 2008?
Last year I was on a plane all but two months out of the year. In ’08, I’d like to run the table and be out all 12! And...

Take another step into the world of academia.

Write a kick ass thesis.

Blog better.

Love fearlessly.

*Bonus question for anyone who decides to jack this...

"What were your fav posts of '07?"
This one makes me laugh for so many reasons.

Be easy!!!

11 comments:

1969 said...

Wise...you were such a good part of my 2007. Thanks for sharing all of your thoughts with us. Happy New Year. Can you believe I am spending mine in B'More? I am about to get on the road.....

Blah Blah Blah said...

Set It Off?

Fav Posts:
Can Sex Paralyze? - 5/27/07
Me? - 5/27/07
Could It Be - 9/26/07
The Hypocritical Me - 11/13/07

One day...one day!
As I said before... you're kinda awesome...sorta.
Be safe...and be good.

Blah

So...Wise...Sista said...

1969...Likewise! You're such a great way to start the day, and I appreciate the daily doses of positivity! I look fwd to more in '08...but New Years in BMore? Ah whey yuh a tawk?!! :)


Blah...ding ding ding!

"Sorta"...I've been upgraded? Yes!
"Be good?" Boo! you first.

Let's PLS continue to pretend we'll hook up soon. I kinda need the delusion in my life. Don't stay gone, ok?

the joy said...

all them damn concerts... what kinda money do you have??? your year was better than mine. *hahaha you laughed lmao*

Adei von K said...

I hate your concert list. do you know how envious i am?? i'm not going to say 'envious'... more like dropping L

and your #8 is classic

So...Wise...Sista said...

Joy..."Better" is so relative.
(You're the worst...stop laughing! That's a very touchy subject still.)

Stace...That's positively the best part about this town. Everybody comes thru to perform. I'm currently plotting on Wy.clef, Wu, Lyfe, and JScott.

#8 is the story of my life, really. :)

Amadeo said...

You must go buy "Frank" Winehouses' first joint. I've been laughing for days over this line, "Feel like a lady and you my lady boy"

In 08 I will be calling dudes ladyboys.

B.Good said...

Happy New Year So Wise!

Jonzee said...

Yo! I'm such a freaking cornball! I was just telling someone about how awesome it is to have someone in the hood, who could probably drink my tail under the table!

Soon, we will get our drink on...and now that I am going to have a couch, perhaps in the safety of my own homw.

Jonzee said...

Yo! I'm such a freaking cornball! I was just telling someone about how awesome it is to have someone in the hood, who could probably drink my tail under the table!

Soon, we will get our drink on...and now that I am going to have a couch, perhaps in the safety of my own homw.

Mr.Slish said...

Happy new year sistren...Will be having a few events in NYC will keep you posted if you're ever in town...

Disqus for She's Just Not Feeling You...

  • So...Wise??

    My photo
    Our Nation's (HIV) Capital...by way of Harlem, NY and Upsteezy NY
    I'm older than I look, and stupider than you think. But I'm quite proud of my sharp eye for The Ridiculous, and by Ridiculous, of course I mean Me.

    Followers