Sunday, May 20, 2007

Last.Days... + BREAKING NEWS (Im so dramatic)

*ok, clearly I'm in the wrong business because I felt compelled to do an up to the minute update. Am I also the only one watching The.View right now (Wednes)? Ro and Lizzie (my fav!) just had it out. Ro was mad that Liz didnt defend her when pundits were saying that Ro called the troops terrorists. Liz refused to give a simplistic yes or no answer, saying that Ro should have defended herself. I can see both sides of the story. This is how I know they really are friends, bec both of their feelings were hurt and they were going at it! But the real star as always, was Beh@r, the comic relief int he middle of it all!

PS...when did I get so codependent with my TV viewing?!*


And in other news, remember a few months back I was blowing off steam about bullshit hair stylists whose kryptonite is natural hair. Well, yesterday, for the first time in my entire life, I didnt have hair on my shoulders. I walked out of the house without a 'just in case' rubber band. I put on a newsboy cap and didnt have to arrange hair behind or in front of my ears.

I cut my shit. Yeah!

NOW BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAM...
OK…can somebody PLS tell me they saw the Left.Eye documentary on VH1 last night?

For real, for real…I skipped open bar watching that shit. And I couldn’t sleep one wink all night.

Where to even begin.

Matter of fact, talk amongst yourselves. Here are a few topics...

1. Um…THEY WERE FCUKING TAPING WHEN SHE WRECKED?!!!

2. …I knew it was coming, but I was thoroughly upset at not having any warning about what was about to happen…yet at the same time I wished they had shown more. Even if for like one more second. I think she would have LOVED that.

3. Who knew she was a cutter?!

4. Naked in the jungle talking to animals.

5. The award-winning shout out to the ATL Fire Dept.

6. Her homegirls at the funeral in wheelchairs and arm braces.

7. The numerology was mad spooky, yo.

8. The fcuking shoes of THE LITTLE BOY SHE RAN OVER?!

9. AND THE SPIRIT THAT MADE A MISTAKE AND KILLED HIM!!

10. Her premonitions. The dream about the sun. “The end.”

11. How she was wildin during the last TeeLCee tour. The publicity stunt and DRIVE FROM ATL TO H0NDURAS??! Is that even possible??

12. Tarzan.

13. The 3-disc challenge.

14. She came out of rehab with a daughter??

15. “What’s better than being a star and being there? NOT being there and being the star. I was still the star!”

16. The kind of self-indulgence that motivated the entire doc. The creepy close ups of herself showering, swimming, washing her hair.

17. Her military dad with whom she got bent on beers and played "I Never." (alright I made that part up, but Im sayin. If you drink with your kids why not assume y'all also played drinking games?)

18. Her M0mmy.De@rest grandma.

19. “Bad M00n” butt azz naked in the guest bedroom with a chick in the closet. And THAT'S not even why she burned his shit down. ("It was a mistake."

20. Her near naked modeling as a teenager.

I could go on and on, but if I get all riled up I might be up all night again.

16 comments:

Jameil said...

wise. i got so into it at work i had to turn it off b/c i didn't even feel like i was at work anymore AND she was extra intimate and it was extra deep and i needed to be able to give it my 3,976% attention. WHOA. def. need to see that again like yesterday. her grandma and her daddy... whoa. them damn herbs, too. let's not forget those. i was like wtf????? i really really wanna see it again in full.

Anonymous said...

I watched it too. It was amazing. The most profound thing she said was that every single person is a result of their environment. So before you go blaming your parents for YOU being messed up, you have to ask yourself "what did their parents do to them?" I'm glad I stayed up all night to watch it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Wise.
Wish I could say more....budda, I didn't watch it.

Hi Wise.
Interesting!

bloopty!

Amadeo said...

Damn, I gotta see that joint.

The Brown Blogger said...

I have always been amazed in her writings, what made her verses... Verses. That ish she was rocking on them TLC joints were just fascinating and introspective.

I picked up Supernova when it came out and I was amazed in the depth of the lyrical content. I've been fascinated with what motivated her to write such things since that time a few years ago.

This documentary gave me closure.

It was an interview in a CHicago paper back in 2000 that got me hip to Dr Sebi, and I've been a student and supporter since.

I understand a lot now. She was indeed a gift who was only meant to be here for the moments we had her.

Miz JJ said...

They need to bring VH1 to Canada. Damn.

Gemini Girl aka GG said...

it was great and I felt all that..it was nice to see her face..all of her face...pure..no make up, no football lines...just clean...kept reminding me of Aaliyah..when they were filming her they didn't know it was her last days...eerie to say the least!

Anonymous said...

I have not seen it. I have seen clips. I am going to put it on DVR though.

Mo said...

It was heavy, and insightful. Some moments creeped me out. I'll probably never watch it again. I want to remember her the way I loved her: agressive, brazen and covered in condoms.

SRae

1969 said...

I watched it and was mesmerized. When she said the spirit mistook the little boy for her? I was done.
And his last name was Lopez? WHEW.

The crash scene was so eerie and insane.

Anonymous said...

I didn't see the whole thing but I was captivated by what I did see.

Jameil said...

hurray for making the big chop! i'm thinking about doing it again. i'm going to do something drastic with my hair. i think perm first, then another chop. i hate the view.

M.Dot. said...

Naked in the jungle talking to animals.
=======

Thats me. Thats me.<<<** raises hand. Then runs out the room cuz im embarrassed.

Anonymous said...

You cut your hair?!?!?!? Oh shit!! I wanna see it!!

La said...

I didn't watch it.



But now I'm DYING to, lol.

Chris the Minimalist said...

love the blog wise...this is my first commenting here :)

i saw the doc...very creepy but insightful...it airs again June 5th at 6pm (est i'm assuming)

Disqus for She's Just Not Feeling You...

  • So...Wise??

    My photo
    Our Nation's (HIV) Capital...by way of Harlem, NY and Upsteezy NY
    I'm older than I look, and stupider than you think. But I'm quite proud of my sharp eye for The Ridiculous, and by Ridiculous, of course I mean Me.

    Followers