Wednesday, July 18, 2007

AS IF THERE ARE 8 THINGS I HAVENT ALREADY SHARED WITH YOU...

Nobody tagged me...and I aint tagging nobody.

But you don't need my permission.

By the way, who made up these crack azz rules anyway??

Rules:
1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

====

1. The first time I remember having a psychic inclination was a couple years back. I had a very vivid dream about my childhood sweetheart. The next day I emailed him and his brother. The one to him bounced back, undeliverable. Within 2 weeks I got a call saying his body was just found in a river.

Today, it’s getting stronger. I will have a thought, and then soon thereafter it will manifest in some way. 2 days ago I had a random thought about a previous convo I'd had about how I'd manage my money with my husband. NO LIE, when I got to work, the topic on the radio was Spouses Having Separate Bank Accounts. It’s freaking me out more and more because obviously when I get bad thoughts it’s accompanied by intense anxiety. I want to talk to someone about it, but if I talk to a pastor I don’t think they’ll take it seriously, and if I talk to a psychic I’m scared they’ll have me doing all types of devil shit.

2. Turns out a good friend of mine from high school is a woman beater and has been since high school. I’m shocked, but also particularly pissed at our mutual guy friends who don’t check him on it. I’ve dealt with this before when my brother hit his girl many years ago. Even then his friends actually chastised me for “taking her side.” I took the RIGHT side. Because of that, I’ve been hesitant about confronting my friend. But the whole issue makes me feel like if God forbid something ever went down, I could end up like her.

3. I played varsity basketball all 4 years in high school. Was an All City point guard. And I pretty much singlehandedly lost a big game to our rivals senior year. (And no, I don’t still wear long mesh gym shorts and cut off tees)

4. I lost my virginity to a high school boyfriend…sophomore year of college. I just knew I wasn’t ready until that exact moment that it happened…After several botched attempts we sealed the deal at his sister's boyfriend's house. He couldnt WAIT to run his mouth and I was pissed. But consequently, I developed a bit of an exhibitionist's spirit. Folo'd it up with a stint in front of a window with a crowd watching, a side street off 6th Ave in the Village, and a park, among others.

5. I finally saw his show last night, so here goes my infamous Shaq story…in college I interned at the T0day Show. My intern buddy gave me a tour of 30 Rock, and was sure to show me the SNL stage. One night after work when I didn’t have to go to my paying job (of course I was the poor lil black girl who had to get a job during the semester while the others worked at T0day full time), I wandered over to the set, looked down and saw that they were rehearsing. Kelsey Grammer was the host that week, and out comes Shaq to rehearse a special sketch. So he’s enormous and Im in awe, standing up on the balcony. Im looking down and he’s eating a similarly enormous slice of pizza. The writers are rewriting around him and he looks up at me and I wave. His hands full, he waves back…with half a “snake”…ya know the neck dance. I raise an eyebrow, then answer back with a Wop. Without hesitation, his big azz does the running man. With my work bag still on my shoulder, I cabbage patch my azz off. Im pretty sure by then he Roger Rabbits and back and forth we go. Then it suddenly occurs to me that I'm not out at the Paladium, not an extra on Beat Street, and that he is not exactly inconspicuous. So ONLY out of embarrassment, did I concede victory to Shaq. Whatev, that big muhfcuka aired me out.


6. I’m no longer a credible commentarian on gay issues. Why, because EVERYTHING seems gay to me these days. So if ever I assign the homo label on this blog, just treat me like your grandma who is out of her mind. Ignore me.

Like, I saw a guy at the Y last week jumping rope. Not on no deh neh nehhhhhhhhhh Rocky jump rope training. But on some, school girl…one.foot.at.a.time skipping rope.

And my first thought was, How Gay.

Or when a guy at the ‘buck ordered a white chocolate mocha misto with soy milk.

Gay.

Or the guy who starts his statements with, ‘Girl.’

Gay.

Bluetooth as fashion accessory?

SO gay.

Female performers who grab their “nuts” on stage. (ok, that REALLY IS gay tho!)

A group of nggas doing the snap dance...

Bonus points for if one of em got on capris.

R0bin.Thicke dancing the rumba in tight chinos on the BET Aw@ards.

Or real big ridiculous muscles.

Or a guy walking around sipping from a bitch azz martini glass. Or better yet, a skinny straw.

I know, irrational.

7. When I was little, the old people down the street had grandkids that would come visit during the summer. The girl was my ace. Libby. Somehow that friendship led to me having an imaginary friend who I called Black Libby. My brother reminds of this on pretty much every holiday, usually after I laugh about him being a breach baby.

8. I’m very sociable, but intensely anti-social. Feel me? In other words, I love hanging out, but I absolutely hate PEOPLE.

*Bonus. I have a new crush (My Neil, has no bearing on my devotion to our ongoing cyberfantasy, ok babes)...Hot, young, cooks, plays in my hair, tatted, sharp (tongue and mind), great writer, hardcore yet a big ole teddy bear. Reminds me A LOT of me. :) Problem is, my crush has no cojones. :(

AAAAAAND SCENE.

27 comments:

Southerner in Suomi said...

Lol!! Wise I went to LSU and had two classes with Shaq' brother, I met him like a million times. He didn't ever recall me of course.

I swear I thought he was the biggest, most sexiest man, from the neck down. I couldn't stand to look at his slightly crooked eyes and mumbling ass voice.

Why can't a man that big speak coherently? I loves me a big mayne!!

So...Wise...Sista said...

Vdizzz...HHAHAHAHA. I was watching his show last night and he was in FANTASTIC shape. his big ole body was looking toned as shit. But you're right...he's a buttaface. And light on his feet. lol

CNEL said...

All I can say is wow.

Imaginary friend, please tell more. My little cousin had one and growing up "Drop Dead Fred" was one of our favorite movies.

And since you know I'm all into crushes lmfao. Why doesn't yours have any "cojones"!

1969 said...

Okay...for the Shaq story....you win. And I co-sign all of your gay bullet points.....especially Robin Thicke and the manpris.

Miz JJ said...

That Shaq story is hilarious. I would have paid to see that!

Lol @ you and your gay theory. I have a new male boss and he crossed his legs in my office the other day. And not in the dude way, but completely crossed them. I screamed "Gay" in my office.

New crush eh? Very interesting. When do we get to hear more. Enquiring (read: nosy) minds want to know!

EqualOpportunityCrush said...

ok.. i'm sitting here thinking, did she really have a mini dance off with shaq? and what was everyone else doing while you two were doing this? so random.. i love it.. lol

omg, i think everything/ damn near everyone is gay all the time too.. lol.. ignore me as well..

Unknown said...

Your very interesting and plez dont take that the wrong way.. and about the Shaq story...funny! at least you got to battle him in a lil dance competition

So...Wise...Sista said...

CNelly...Well as you may know Im the youngest, and my next oldest siblings are twins, so they had eachother. *sigh* So Black Libby was bound to show up I guess. I recall an incident at the dinner table where the phone rang but it was a wrong number. When my bros asked who it was I told them Libby, and they asked, 'the girl from down the street?' I guess i wanted to seem like I knew mad Libbys, so i said, 'NO! Black Libby!" What a loser!! HAHAHA


1969...You and your manpris!!
You're too kind, but really, Shaq Daddy wiped the floor with me, if for no other reason than that he's 4 times my size.


MJJ...I know that leg cross. I would have unconsciously given him the queer eye. lol


EqOpp says..."did she really have a mini dance off with shaq?"

The thought of it makes me SO embarrassed. I was at my PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT carrying on like that! But really, im sure I was secretly trying to get discovered. lol

"and what was everyone else doing while you two were doing this?"

As far as i could tell no one noticed, because it's a huge set and he was just kinda standing there by himself waiting on the production to reconvene...and I didnt get my big break, so. lol

So Im not the only one on the Ubiquity of Gay thinking??


Memph...Interesting, huh? That's better than UNinteresting, right.;)

La said...

Just as I suspected... blushing with a side of jealously. Maybe I AM a guy!!! Lol

Jameil said...

oh my that was fun. there is nothing about a dude w/a martini glass. seriously. if you don't get you a man's drink and a man's glass. i'm sittin here w/the tanq and tonic and you have a cosmo. please. last night i told stace ultimate fighting was gay. then i realized its b/c when they're rolling around and someone's head ends up where it doesn't belong, it reminds me of how i always wrestle w/dudes. its like a test. if you can't wrestle w/me, i probably don't like you that much afterward. don't hurt me and please don't break my neck, but i'm a bit aggressive sometimes and that's fun!

lmao @black libby!! love it! and your shaq story was the bomb. mad you were his d. wade back in the day.

Jameil said...

i meant to say nothing sexy.

So...Wise...Sista said...

LA...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Jameil...I'm really trying to figure out why all of these irrational things seem gay, and I guess it's bec many of them have been monopolized by gay guys. So does that make a guy any less straight if he just really, truly enjoys the breeze of manpris up his legs and the kick of a cosmo! lol

PS...Ultimate fighting is ultimately gay.

So...Wise...Sista said...

...cuz back in the day guy's guys like Bert Reynolds used to KILL martinis. Was that in a sifter or something butch like that?! I need to research.

The Very Reverend Ace Clemmons, Jr. said...

all those things *are* gay.

and more even.

things being gay, tho, doesnt equate actually being gay.

Amadeo said...

There is alot of gayness going around...and not homosexual, but gay. Yo, the psychic thing is serious business. I have all types of little experiences and I find I just have to pay attention and go with it or else it will drive me crazy.

Sorry about your crush. I'm developing a workshop for such things...I just don't think guys will sign up for it.

Anonymous said...

...did you seriously use my "and scene"?!? Ganker!

ok...now on to YOU...
all the gay shit is really GAY. Seriously I think the same thing. Especially the dude drinking from a martini glass...

I call myself the "anti-social socialite"...feel free to use it.

Whatever happened to the dude that fixed your table when you first moved to Bmore?

Casually ask him, why the fuck you beatin' up on chicks, bitch? Seriously! Shame that man... let him know he ain't a man!

bloopty!

So...Wise...Sista said...

Rev says..."things being gay, tho, doesnt equate actually being gay."

Very tru...and that's what makes it SOOO annoying.


Amadeo...Now that Ive gone public with the psychic thing Im sure it will eat me alive.

Blah says..."...did you seriously use my "and scene"?!? Ganker!"

Oh that's YOURS? Ok. ;)

The martini glass is egregious, but i cant express my nausea at the guy jump roping!

You feel me, "anti-social socialite."

"Whatever happened to the dude that fixed your table when you first moved to Bmore?"

Oh girl, Jeff, the cat from the halfway house. He came over a few weeks later to tell me that his bid was up a few days later, on his bday. Im sure he's out there somewhere in w.bmore trying to recall the name of the cuisine I shared with him (chicken pesto). lol

And as for wife beater, what a bitch.

Organized Noise said...

#4 - at least you knew you were ready. I definitely wasn't.

#5 - that is the funniest thing I have read all day. The visual I have in my head will make me laugh all day.

1969 said...

the breeze of manpris up his legs .....

Are you trying to provoke me at my computer with this visual?

Anonymous said...

Hilarious especially the gay list. A lot things are suspect now and if I feel it's remotely close, I don't even bother. If I do get a martini, put that crap in red plastic house party cup or something!

I saw Shaq in NYC years ago coming out a bodega with one of the Fu-Schnickens dudes..That's my word...I just started laughing. It looked like some father and son ish...

So...Wise...Sista said...

ONoize...Make sure in that visual that I'm dancing REAL hard...cuz i was. lol

1969...HAHA. Yes, def trying to provoke thought...cuz maybe manpris are the pants equivalent to boxers. You kow how dudes always say they stuff need to "breeve." :)

AFF...Shaq Fu! Why everybody be clowning like they werent doing the knee-to-chest dance when that mess came on at a party!!

Unknown said...

#6 I feel you. my new saying is "rap is gay".

The "Gayme", "Shifty cents" and "Kangaye" can definitely attest to that.

#4. exhibitionist...hmmm at least, you had a healthy attitude about it

#8. I use to be like that but now I'm more a "summer social" dude, meaning when it's cold AB is chilling....lol

Muze said...

this is hilarious! an impromptu dancing scene with shaq...classic! lol.

i guess i have a slanted view of what is gay too...cause i was nodding my head like 'yep!' with each one...lol.

nice blog...

So...Wise...Sista said...

Ab says..."when it's cold AB is chilling....lol"
You and me both!

lol@ "Kangaye"

Muze...Thanks! Apparently many of us have a similar view of what's gay...and perhaps our views need to change with the times.

I dunno, I was reaching!

Anonymous said...

That Shaq story made my day!

Shai said...

I can so relate to #8. LOL. An extro-introvert. LOL.

Anonymous said...

I wear capris sometimes!! I aint gay lol

Disqus for She's Just Not Feeling You...

  • So...Wise??

    My photo
    Our Nation's (HIV) Capital...by way of Harlem, NY and Upsteezy NY
    I'm older than I look, and stupider than you think. But I'm quite proud of my sharp eye for The Ridiculous, and by Ridiculous, of course I mean Me.

    Followers