Monday, September 10, 2007

DELIRIUM AT DAWN

I don’t even really fuck wit mornings like that…but we been coexisting of late.

So I woke up early this morning without provocation. Shuffled to the back door to water the plants. Sun shining but not hot. Opened the fridge. Scanned the eggs, cheese, turkey. French Vanilla creamer.

Decided to go out for breakfast.

I been slacking on my running. Nursing a sore groin and avoiding a necessary trip to Lady Foot.L0cker. Plus school.

So I pulled on some shorts and a whitebeater (as my nephew says. Yeah, his daddy’s a racist). Loosened the laces on my snug kicks. Clipped on some music and hit the door.

Hitting the pavement felt good. As did the light perspiration that ensued shortly thereafter. Ran up on a crumpled dollar on the curb, stooped to scoop it. Must be my lucky day. I rounded the edge of the park, crossed Charles St. and dipped into the bank. My head spun the minute I stopped moving. Stomach empty. Lightheaded. Had a hard time trying to line up the damn columns on the ATM machine, which is a difficult enough task even when I’m not dizzy.

Ducked back out. Deep breath. Unpaused Wycl.ef. Let my feet move me the next few blocks to the new A’rab take out. Crossing another main street, bouncing in place, I glance back, out of habit. This Bawtuhmore, son. That’s what you do.

And I almost lost my balance.

Almost dropped my keys and cash.

I spun completely. Scanned the side street and alley. Nothing. I sighed and dragged myself inside the spot.

“Lemme get a egg, cheese and turkey on whole wheat, pls. And a small French vanilla coffee.”

I wandered over to the door as I waited. Watched the morning pass by. Got my food and walked home, hot coffee and paper bag in hand. I walked a different route. Toward what I know I had seen a few minutes prior. Lightheaded...

A flash of solid oak. And sweat drizzled thereof.

I’d recognize that back anywhere. And that bouquet of locs.

Right??

Sigh.

18 comments:

CNEL said...

"Crossing another main street, bouncing in place, I glance back, out of habit. This Bawtuhmore, son. That’s what you do."

Oh my goodness it just dawned on me that you've been here a good minute. Will you be done in May?

You and dude with the locs. LoL if you keep crossing paths well...

I would start running seems its the new thing. But for me the mere entertainment of making it two blocks...but maybe the prospect of eye candy would get me to eight blocks. Hmmm I'll think on it. LoL.

Little Brown Girl said...

What you gone do Humphrey?

1969 said...

How many times are you gonna cross paths by accident?

What's up Wise? Make a move!

Southerner in Suomi said...

ditto@ six-nine. get up sum gurl!!

So...Wise...Sista said...

Cnelly...done in May??

*throws head back laughing hysterically*

RD says..."What you gone do Humphrey?"

Ahhhh, get up early EVERY morning and go "running" ?? lol


1969...I would if I ever "accidentally run into him" face to face!


VDiz...But the thing of it is...I'm not sure if I really saw him or if he was an apparition. The "sighting" made me all disorientedenalized and stuff. lol

Anonymous said...

A flash of solid oak, eh?? I like that imagery.

Blah Blah Blah said...

I'm with Bgood... nice.

So are you still on the abstinence thing or is the sore groin from something else?
You know you want it to be him, stop being a punk...I'm just sayin'.

BK said...

sounds like you need to be a few min earlier and run in the opposite direction so you can see HIS FACE!!! ;)

make it happen chica!

Amadeo said...

I do miss the sexy people from when I ran...I ran harder when they approached and laughed in the face of those who walked.

La said...

Sounds like you're being a punk.

So...Wise...Sista said...

BGood...You'd like it even better in person. Trust. lol

You hurt me with the name calling, Blah. And "abstinence" is such an inadequate word. I told yall I'm on a "Hunger Strike!"...with the occasional snack. lol


BK...My time managment sucks!

Amadeo...Walkers are people too! Im gonna miss running in your hood round the lake when it gets cold. :(


LA...That's bout the last time u gonna call me punk, young'n. Was I not clear about not running into him face to face?!

La said...

*smirking* scary.



HA!

Jameil said...

sigh is right. and part of that most def goes to the running. I DONT' DO RUNNIN!!

So...Wise...Sista said...

Lauren. *now you know it's on when I abandon nicknames*...Keep it up, smarty. You're gonna need a drink one day and I'm not gonna be there for you!

Jameil...run! run! run! it's fun! fun! fun!

Blah Blah Blah said...

...so ummm, you're sore from things other than running... gotcha.

So...Wise...Sista said...

I'm sorry blah...I sure did evade your original inquiry. No ma'am, the groin pull was indeed from running. I'm a flexy chick...never pulled nothing doing "other" things, as you say. Perhaps I should be holding out for dude who can make that happen. lol

La said...

YOU FIRST NAMED ME!!! *evil eye*

Who are you kidding? If there are drinks involved, you're there.

And besides, you love me. I'm plucky! lol

So...Wise...Sista said...

I did, La. And I only sort of regret it. And yeah, maybe if drinks are involved I wont be completely MIA for long. but you're gonna need something OTHER than a mojito and I'm gonna be far far away. Keep testing me!

Disqus for She's Just Not Feeling You...

  • So...Wise??

    My photo
    Our Nation's (HIV) Capital...by way of Harlem, NY and Upsteezy NY
    I'm older than I look, and stupider than you think. But I'm quite proud of my sharp eye for The Ridiculous, and by Ridiculous, of course I mean Me.

    Followers