Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I'M TRYING TO FIGURE OUT IF THIS SOUNDS AS FUCKING ABSURD AS I THINK IT DOES...

I had the most interesting experience yesterday.

I went to an Italian restaurant in the, you know, Italian part of town. I had the lasagna and a glass of wine and that really great bread they like to serve.

But what truly struck me was that there were no strippers there. Sure, there were quite a few overweight, scary looking Italian guys, but none of them carried any visible weapons. And not one single person got wacked.

I may have seen a suicidal son or two dining with sociopathic dads and delusional moms.

But all in all, "that’s really what this society’s all about now here in the U.S.A. There’s no difference. There’s no difference. There may be a cultural entertainment — people may gravitate toward different cultural entertainment, but you go down to Little Italy, and you’re gonna have that. It has nothing to do with the color of anybody’s skin."

17 comments:

Jdid said...

bravo! great point re o'reilly's assinine comments. what a moron

Little Brown Girl said...

LMAO!!! *standing ovation* Uh nothing?

Southerner in Suomi said...

Can you email this to Fox News please?

Anonymous said...

Ignorance. He sounds retarded and ignorant. What was the purpose for the comment? I'd need to hear the whole discussion before I got offended. But from what I heard and read......he sounds like most white people who live in a bubble and are completely ignorant of the world around them.

Did I mention he was IGNORANT?? Mmmkay.

Jameil said...

its bill o'reilly tho. are you really surprised? and he was speaking for a lot of other people. he gets ignored.

So...Wise...Sista said...

Uh, you know what J, I am surprised. BO is a lot of things, but I dont think he's an idiot. It's hard to judge either way if he was being personally stupid or sarcastically idiotic on behalf of others...but the fact that he has validated people's nonsense is what gets me. I could see if it was people thinking that all black folks are late or some shit like that. But that we're not SAVAGES with table manners?! Fucking infuriating.

Had an Of Color said some shit like that, they'd be considered special ed as hell.

Amadeo said...

Niiiiiiiiice.

1969 said...

Like I said on another post...people would be suprised to know that we can also walk upright, use complete sentences and hold down jobs. Go figure.

M-Fers, get me some TEA!

The Very Reverend Ace Clemmons, Jr. said...

BO is a tool. i dont think anyone takes him seriously.

Miz JJ said...

Loves it!

nikki said...

tell it, sowise!

meanwhile, i always wonder how italian folk feel about the unfair stereotypes. black folk ain't the only ones suffering from ignance like that.

Jameil said...

he should know i don't drink iced tea. that's why i didn't yell that. had it been lemonade? it would've been on.

4EverJennayNay said...

so wise... indeed.

and jameil is right... let me see the bottom of my lemonade glass and some mutha fuckahs are in deep shit.

dc_speaks said...

punk a$$ bastard bill o'reilly! grrrrrrrrrr

excellent post.

Blah Blah Blah said...

Likes!

guerreiranigeriana said...

haha!!!...i love it...

Anonymous said...

YOU SO WISE....LOL great post! luvs it!

Disqus for She's Just Not Feeling You...

  • So...Wise??

    My photo
    Our Nation's (HIV) Capital...by way of Harlem, NY and Upsteezy NY
    I'm older than I look, and stupider than you think. But I'm quite proud of my sharp eye for The Ridiculous, and by Ridiculous, of course I mean Me.

    Followers