Monday, March 24, 2008

BLOGGING FROM THE BEACH (*photo updates)

Im currently sitting on the beach. Rain soaking my hoodie. The sun playing hard to get.

This couldn't be more like my life right now. Im in the right place just not necessarily at the right time.

20 of my closest friends are within earshot. An empty patron bottle litters the sand as does a few too many smoked down cloves and bidis.

My throats sore from God knows what... Walking through chilly rain puddles in sandals? Disproportions of liquor to water? Singing mary j blige and jay z songs for 3 hours straight on saturday (did that ngga Jigga endorse obama somewhere btwn performing 'Can I Get A' and 'Brooklyns Finest'?? LOVED it!) Laughing out loud til I cough uncontrollably?

Im on the beach but the sun won't come out...

Damn you sure gather up a shitload of debris during the course of 20+ year friendships. Lots of secrets too.

So this is what they mean when they say your family wll break your heart without remorse.

Mr. Wendel, the old homeless guy who does tricks, makes water disappear and "levitates" for tourists can't find a way to "magic" a roof over his head??
I didn't fall cuz I was drunk...but bec I was drunk, I couldn't stop myself from falling.

Im an obsessive crotch-watcher...and this is prime terrain.

I wouldn't last a second without my pda phone.

DatNucca is equal parts patient, hilarious, quick-tempered, sensitive, and sexy. Rrreeeooorrr!

My boy tatted some cat's name on his shoulder and hid it from us for almost 2 years.

Im pretty sure I lost a friend this weekend.

My brothers really never fulfilled their New Edition fantasies until they rented bikes today and rolled thru Miami looking like the NE Heartbreak video.

A confirmation number don't always mean 'confirmed.'

Everyone in my life is plotting on my biological clock...

Including my mother who called to speak to my best friend from college to tell him that she has a feeling he's gonna be her son in law. Ima need that feeling to take a hike.

It is in fact possible to get kicked out of and subsequently banned from the ocean.

Corn nuts??

Boys just never get tired of ass...

Can't really blame them.

Don't worry if a restaurant doesn't allow you to byob. You can. And should. A big one. For everyone.

"Her hair look like chicken-flavored ramon.noodles."
"All around me love's just not working. But I still feel like its the absolute only thing worth fighting for."

"What's a little head among friends?"

"There's more to the story..."

"Omg I was always DYING to ask daddy this...Can you feel it crawling around inside you?" ...
"No. And that's why people die from it."

"Bout time you got curious."

"I definitely thought less of him for it."

"You look like last night's good time."

"Who HASN'T had a threesome since we've been here??"

"Lawd ah cyan Sonny Wise dautah a dahnce so! Jesas hof di Sabbat!"

"Laaaaaaa laaaa la la, wait til I get my money right!"


Im on the beach and the sun is trying to play nice. As am I.

But its getting harder, not easier. The older I get, the more complex the relationships around me. Things are falling apart as others are coming together, and its impossible to find a sensible emotional balance.

Much like a hoodie on the beach.

So do you wait for the sun to show up or do you lay on the beach, shivering, and enjoy the imperfections that make life a beautiful fucking pain in the ass?

You have another shot. Another smoke. And laugh til your throats sore. It'll be better tomoro.

Happy birthday to me :)

18 comments:

Jonzee said...

Um...

You are not ALMOST 30 anymore. Gonna need you to change that, LMAO! And answer my request for a bev or two...

Im so mad errbody going on vacay but me. Yuk.

As for life? Im in the same place as you...only in MD.

Jameil said...

HAPPY BDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quarter Life Crisis of a Black Woman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Quarter Life Crisis of a Black Woman said...

Happy birthday wise! We should have had drinks while u were in my city! I would have shown u the dress i've been working on since project runway....just kidding!

BK said...

happy birthday ms wise.. enjoy it!

Blah Blah Blah said...

HB 2 Wise...!!!

Sun don't always shine but it always rises. Change is inevitable.

Hope you had fun.

Amadeo said...

Happy Personal New year.

Everything else either laugh or say fuck it and let it work it's way out.

Jameil said...

OOH MIAMI! LMAO@I didn't fall cuz I was drunk...but bec I was drunk, I couldn't stop myself from falling.

RIIIIIIIIGHT.

DurtyMo said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

I love your writing. It always make me feel as though I'm right there, feeling what you feeling, seeing what you seeing, being just as drunk as you. LOL!

I.love.it!

Enjoy life chile, you only got this 1 so dig in ya heels and go for the ride! It's worth it.

GreatWhyte said...

Happy birthday Wise (I know I'm all late and whatnot!). I am sooooooo jealous that you got to see the Mary and Jay concert- the three nights here were sold out in like 30 minutes. **sigh** I heart him.

1969 said...

Happy Birthday to Sonny Wise dautah. Despite that crazy post....I KNOW you are having a good time. Enjoy!!!

Anonymous said...

Im late on this one ... but from one Aries to another! Happy Birthday!

"All around me love's just not working. But I still feel like its the absolute only thing worth fighting for."

I feel ya ma!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday indeed!

So...Wise...Sista said...

Wow Jonzee...Thanks for the pin in my Balloon of Denial.lol I will amend appropriately. :( And yes, the soil is almost fertile again...let's DRINK!


Quarter...SO mad I didnt know you lived in MIA, I woulda sure came and drank up ya liquor. lol


BK...thank you!!


Always a wise word, Blah. i miss you :(


Amadeo...Exactly. (cute pic ;) )


Jam...Real Talk!!


Durt that means a lot. Since you're as drunk as me we may as well have another. lol


Thanks X. Ya boy was kinda hot. It was my first time seeing him live. Dude couldnt even do all his hits. How you gonna only play a snippet of Big Pimpin and Hard Knock Life? Dope!

1969... ;) Had a blast.

Cali...Bday wishes are never late!! Thanks. I know you know what I know, lol

BGood...Thank you!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!!!

Homegirl in the picture is fine!!! Hook her up with Cnel!

"Her hair look like chicken-flavored ramon.noodles." - Priceless!

CNEL said...

Happy Belated I'm generally good with Birthday's but life is not my own right now.

Eps read my mind. Graduation is five weeks away I need a suga mama for the future or atleast to get me through the summer.

Hope you enjoyed the birthday vaca!

Adei von K said...

b-day with the friends and at a destination is gangsta.

i am TRIPPIN out at the NE dreams coming to fruition!!!

but why is my DAD talking abt grandchildren?

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday... I am laughing at the description of the girls hair...

Disqus for She's Just Not Feeling You...

  • So...Wise??

    My photo
    Our Nation's (HIV) Capital...by way of Harlem, NY and Upsteezy NY
    I'm older than I look, and stupider than you think. But I'm quite proud of my sharp eye for The Ridiculous, and by Ridiculous, of course I mean Me.

    Followers