Friday, August 17, 2007

10 Ways to Bore You...I Mean, 10 Things I Like About Me

A 2-a-day. Wow, I got stamina!

This tag is brought to you by Organized Noise, an atypical guy, but a complete gentleman.

If you are reading this, consider yourself tagged with no obligation to oblige. But if you do tag someone you're supposed to say something nice about them...and I really like that you are all at my place and don't mind that I don't always have enough seats, sometimes run out of chips and dip, and limes. But I'm grateful that you always take me up on the invitation and come thru. :)

10 Things I Like About Me

1. I find great joy in making others happy.
I go to great, elaborate lengths to make people close to me smile. Driving to the hood to cop my nephew some Ups he cant get in Upstate. Leaving a Red.Stripe in a place my classmate would find it. Thank you notes. Stocking the fridge with apple juice and Fr0sted.Flakes for my brother. Sending my mom books that I know will keep her up into the wee hours. I love hearing a smile in a thank you.

2. I have a healthy competitive spirit.

I stay making up one hairbrained competition after another. Staredowns, dance offs, memorizing, freestyle battles, whose knees will buckle first, etc. When I'm compared to someone, esp in writing, in my mind I'm saying, "Bitch, I will DESTROY you"...but then always give them props for helping me up my game. Oh, and for some ungodly reason I think I'd be really good at flag football (they had a little commercial on the other day during the Chargers game and I was like, Ooooooh, I wanna play!).

3. I pay attention to detail.
Early on in undergrad a recruiter said that this, and writing were the 2 most valuable skills you could have, and I've embraced it ever since. Attention to detail certainly enhances my business. But you'd also be surprised how eager lovers are to reward it as well!

4. I enjoy my own sense of humor.

There is no greater compliment you could pay me than, "Wise is so effing STUPID! Just ridiculous." A friend recently pointed out that I always laugh the hardest at things that sound like I said or did them. Which also explains my current infatuation with a crush who is basically my identical twin.

5. I'm finally at a point where my own writing impresses me.
Knowing other good writers has finally paid off. Now when I edit my own stuff I rarely vomit.

6. My left nip.
It's really pretty. I tried to post a pic, but bl0gger was trippin.
Oh well.

7. I'm a Birthday Girl.
Birthdays are my thing. I'm particularly obsessed with my own, but anytime I meet someone that I like, I put their bday in my phone, and make a big deal when the day arrives. 2 weeks ago I flew home for one night to throw a friend a surprise party. I can't front, the cake's a big draw.

8. I maintain the mind of a child.
I have nieces and nephews who range in age from 2 to 18. They're all pretty cool kids, which helps...but I'm also the aunt that struggles to assert authority with them cuz when I'm with them, I act like them. We sit around and somersault over eachother, make up silly inside jokes, draw unflattering pics of our parents. When I came home for C-mas last year my nephew said, "I thought you'd come back from grad school, I dunno, a little more mature." I promptly whupped his mature 8 year old azz. But the point is, I think like them and speak in their language, so they trust me with their secrets and anxieties. SO precious.

9. I like that I'm regular.
No bells and whistles, really. I'm woefully regular. I'll admit to having some unregular gifts and talents, but at the end of the day, I'm no shiny suit. If you meet me, it's either an absolute letdown or a seamless transition depending on your impression. But I'm psychologically incapable of pretending to be someone I'm not. The person I am after 6 months is the one I was after 6 minutes.

10. I like Jesus.
I'm not ashamed in the least to have a flawed and complex relationship with my Savior. I often challenge Him, but never doubt his intentions. I dont know all the answers or the ways that He dictates I should live my life, and dont always make the effort. But I do care. I'm comfortable with trusting that the life I'm leading is all by divine design, even if that life doesnt always feel fulfilling. I'm just thankful for the chance to live it.

14 comments:

Jameil said...

i hate you for number 6. i'm sooooooo a birthday girl. i LOOOOOOOOVE birthdays!! yay!!!

Muze said...

aww very good list. i'm cracking up at the left nip one. ha! i haven't decided which of mine i like best. LOL.

and the last one...awesome.

Anonymous said...

This whole nip thing. I'm confused. I mean, how did the left beat out the right? Was there a competition I missed? Does it react faster? Criteria please....

Anonymous said...

left nips... birthdays ... and jesus ... nothin like the combination ... i love it!

Ms. Lee said...

Wise, you are so effin' stupid! LOL. I've lurked, but 1969 got people coming out the closet, so I figured WTH.

I love birthdays, too. Mine, yours, everybody's. Even if it's just an ecard or an e-mail. I'm on it. And no. The cake doesn't hurt.

Great list. Nips, Jesus...LOL.

Organized Noise said...

Thanks for doing this. I didn't know how you felt about tags, but I did want to get to know you better.

#1. I am the same way. I used to do it so much that I sacrificed my own happiness sometimes, but I've improved.

#2, 3 & 10. So do I.

#6. You can e-mail it to me. ;-P

#7. I generally celebrate my birthday for 6 weeks.

So...Wise...Sista said...

Jameil...Why did one of my classmates turn 30 this year and had no plans. I almost had a fit!


Muze...Thanks! Im willing to bet that like mine, one of yours has a tiny bit more spunk...but that the OTHER one will be your fav. lol


Fresh...Criteria = all of the above. Plus a swimsuit competition.;)


Amber says..."left nips... birthdays ... and jesus ... nothin like the combination"

It's all Ive got! lol


Ms. Lee...Lurkers are always welcome here, but thanks for FINALLY bringing a dish to the potluck. lol


ON...When's ur bday? :)

Organized Noise said...

May 28th, but I accept gifts all year long.

La said...

1. If this true I am expecting a good surprise on my bday

2. "Healthy" HA Ms. Danceoff For Shots.

3. Attention to detail has saved my ass, in my business and in the bedroom.

4. *blushing*

5. I hope I get to that point one day

6. You're a nut

7. See #1

8. I'll skip and get right to...

9. "unregular gifts" I'm gonna need more information...

Amadeo said...

RE: #6 Quitters never win. Try harder.
Also:

November 29th...I like booze, cash and shoutouts.

anonymousnupe said...

My left one is the more sensitive of the two.

Hang with HIM. He hung for you!

So...Wise...Sista said...

LaDiDahDi..."un"regular gifts...ya know, like 'Dance For Shot' champion status. Challeeeeenge, ngga!


Amadeo...Out of respect for Lefty's privacy, I will accept defeat. lol


Nupe...HAHAHA

Blah Blah Blah said...

I like this one.

The Very Reverend Ace Clemmons, Jr. said...

i like that your regular too.

share you secret!

Fiber??


;)
the very

Disqus for She's Just Not Feeling You...

  • So...Wise??

    My photo
    Our Nation's (HIV) Capital...by way of Harlem, NY and Upsteezy NY
    I'm older than I look, and stupider than you think. But I'm quite proud of my sharp eye for The Ridiculous, and by Ridiculous, of course I mean Me.

    Followers