Thursday, January 12, 2006

Friend...or Faux?

Need to switch gears for a hot sec…kinda bizarre, but the best friend of a guy I used to talk to just called me. I ran into him at the mall during the holidays (along with my ex’s sister…weird)…anywho, he called me a few days after we saw each other and we had a really nice phone convo. I always really liked this friend. Very good guy. I definitely hated losing him in the break up…

When we spoke he suggested we take a road trip, kind of. like a weekend hang out. I didn’t really see this as odd, bec he’s cool, I’m cool, and we both professed a 2006 resolution of traveling more this year. BUT…he is my ex’s best friend…

Of course, I want to know how the ex is doing, since it’s been months since we’ve spoken…LOOOOONG story…maybe I’ll tell it soon.

Oddly enough, I’ve recently been logging a lot of happy hour…hours with another friend of the ex. Now this guy I knew long before I knew the ex so it’s not so out of the ordinary. But this other Mall-Best Friend guy I met thru the ex…what can I say, the ex keeps good company.

Anywho, should I be on high alert? I never felt like either was trying to push up on me or anything, and I don’t suspect either to be of the grimy persuasion. But what’s that all about? This best friend guy is like, offering to travel to hang out with me…and I swear, any day now I’m waiting on one of them informing me that the “ex-con” is engaged or some shit.

Fellas I need your help on this one…

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the one who offers the getaway has been warm on you for some time. Has the one you drink with offered any info on the ex? Do you think he's keeping tabs on you? ( Not that he's insincere as far as his vibe with you though). Most of all, do you still really feel something, somehow, some way deep down for your ex? Would you get back with him under any circumstance? Anonymous Detroit

Anonymous said...

Another thing. Aside from the Code of Honor of not dealing with ex's friends and family, are either of these guys ones you would date? I mean THEM as individuals and not their type. Also, when I've had getaways with women and IT WAS JUST THE TWO OF US, it was for the purpose (not primarily because I like to travel too) of taking us out of the everyday, stressful environment, into an atmosphere of communication, expansion, and warmth which would either set the stage for intimacy (both physical and non-physical) or intensify the intimacy/chemistry which already existed. Yes even though its sounds like an ulterior motive. We are men and you all are women so therefore we are blameless in that. Bottom line though, follow your intuition. Anonymous Detroit.

So...Wise...Sista said...

Great questions, MoTown.

Yeah, I do still have feelings for the ex. The reasons why we're exes were pretty anti-climatic. I've moved on, but my mind is a few steps behind...

As for the friends, one I've known for years and am not attracted to at all. But I think that if I were to spend lots of time with the other I might easily become interested in him...which is why I don't initiate any contact with him...I also don't want the ex to think I'm trying to get his attention by calling the friend.

The thing is, it would be different if this was a home boy that was just an acquaintance, but this is the excon's BEST FRIEND. He knows *stuff* about me, I'm sure! And based on the feelings that the excon had for me, it's hard to believe that he would co-sign on the best friend hollering at me...or maybe that's just what I want to believe.

Anonymous said...

i dont travel with homegirls. i also dont chill with anybody my fam tapped. tough call. might be a batty bwoy

Anonymous said...

No Wise, have you sat down and talked to this cat to see where his head is at? because like I told you, I know you don't think he's grimy but he's either BEEN feeling you, or is trying to bridge the gap between you and his boy again. Then againn maybe he's just a good dude who knows your good peoples too. -Trev

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Disqus for She's Just Not Feeling You...

  • So...Wise??

    My photo
    Our Nation's (HIV) Capital...by way of Harlem, NY and Upsteezy NY
    I'm older than I look, and stupider than you think. But I'm quite proud of my sharp eye for The Ridiculous, and by Ridiculous, of course I mean Me.

    Followers